Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stressin out = BEST IDEA FOR MIX = HIDE-A-MIX

Alright, I'm stressed. I recognize the signs and I know that I am stressed. Although I don't want to go into details or really worry anyone, I'll just say that money is a factor along with other elements, though those are not too clear to me I have an idea. But even then, I'm also bored. We usually have alot to do here at work, especially since it's getting near the end of the year, but there is nothing in our working gate. So there is nothing to do. In any case, I just wanted to write about it to see if that would help, I'm not looking for ways to deal with stress as it differs from person to person plus I don't feel like reading some tips or advice on how to deal with stress.

Instead I am going to post my fall/winter mix. I had a good idea this morning heading to work about a mix. I would like to just post the mix, without saying who the artist is or the song title. My hope in doing so is for the listener to engage in a different listening experience. Be open to the songs, do not judge them right off the bat based on who the artist is, or what you know of them. Instead, just listen to the song for what it is worth and at a later time I will post who sings what, and what each song title is. The songs are selected seemingly randomly, there might be some pop, classical, rap, etc. etc, but there is a very specific purpose behind the song chosen. Perhaps its a band that you listen to all the time, ie. Radiohead, Centro-matic, Grandaddy, Band of Horses, whatever. But the songs chosen are the ones rarely heard. I mean, I get an album, I listen to it, then I repeat songs that I like and sometimes go back and listen to the songs that I didn't like first. Well these are those songs. These are the songs from bands that we know well, but these are the rare songs, where on first listen they might not have matched what we expect from our band, and therefore not given much thought too. Well in hopes of shedding light on hidden talents or our favorites, I will be doing this.

But not yet, I have all the tracks picked out, but I want to take my time assembling them. If you use iTunes, don't expect seeing the track names pull up even though the song might be just titled 1, or 2. I plan on getting rid of the id tags and giving you a peice of music, not a track on an album released 10 years ago.


So enjoy this upcoming mix. And when you have listened to it all, I will give you the tracks names, as you will probably recognize the artist... heck, Ill start compiling it now. Give me some time....

ALRIGHT, here it is...

HIDE-A-MIX

1 comment:

Call Me Grizzly said...

ARG! Fix that link! I'm stoked for the mystery mix!!!!