So my new job is going really really slow. Everyone knows this. We work off a gated-system. If there is nothing in the gate needing to be worked on, nobody works, that's all there is to it. No one works, because THERE IS NO WORK. So do we just sit around and stare at our computer screens while the REPS converse with each other? I don't think so. I walk around here sometimes and what do I see? Internet surfing, iPod video watching, movie watching, book reading, and basically just 4 or 5 people sitting around talking.
So why in the world, do some people come up to me and say, "Hey, listen, you need to be careful about your surfing, alot of people are noticing, and you just need to be careful." This coming from the guy who was just laughing in his cubicle about something funny that he just saw in an episode of the office, ON HIS IPOD, (see Steven Kiser). Seriously? I mean come on, SERIOUSLY?!
So now I know that instead of taking the 5 minutes A DAY that I spend on this here computer (I know it might be more like 30 minutes, but spread out it might seem like I am on here all day). I need to be careful and only take 1 minute to be on here a day. I do work when there is work needing to be done, just wanted to clarify that.
I really don't know why people start pointing out stuff on me, it's 8:15AM here, NOBODODY'S here, not even my trainer, and yet, trying to avert my attention to this here computer is drawing WAY TOO MUCH attention. I really should just give up and become the little cubicle zombie they want me to be.
SETEC ASTRONOMY
3 comments:
you need to put dwight's calculator in a jello mold. that's what they do in the office.
you're gonna have a baby?!?!?!? I am telling the whole world!
J.K. 4 EVA BFF!
Props for using SETEC ASTRONOMY. That's what it is--fight the man.
Shoot, I should know what SETEC ASTRONOMY is from, it sounds so familiar but I just can't access it in my "files." HELP! I know I'll feel really silly when you tell me the answer.
Tee-HEE!!
Setec Astronomy = NO MORE SECRETS
Sneakers. I watched it the night before, LOVE IT!
I really am getting a kick out of Steven, he is more and more like Dwight EVERYDAY! :)
Thanks for posting by the way, I didn't know if anyone still read this blog. :(
Post a Comment