Friday, July 4, 2014

Three Years?!

Kudos to Mom and Dad Sheen and the Cushings for keeping up on their blogs!!!!!!! I looked and it's been almost 3 years since our last post. Yikes! Sorry for the long-term hiatus. Things are good with the Denton Sheens. Tom is kept super busy with training and Denton Regional, but has a GREAT preceptor that has become a friend to both of us. We recently went to breakfast with her and her husband which is a big deal for us introverts. The weekend before that, they were nice enough to take Tom and Beck kayaking/ paddle boarding!! Could you ask for a cooler co-worker? Tom's also been more dedicated than ever to be healthy and fit. The amount of determination he has is inspiring and, to be honest, at times irritating. WHY CAN'T I JUST EAT ICE CREAM FOR LUNCH?! It shows, though. He's toning up and looking goooooood, so no real complaints here.

Speaking of, I (Lydia) left my job at Dental Depot as of July 1st. It's already been a big adjustment after 5 years of a very exhausting job. I love the people I spent my days with, but found that there was way way way too much baggage along with it. They gave me an amazing send-off complete with a surprise baby shower, jar full of memories, and endless hugs. It was really touching to see how much I'd be missed. Baby Hardy is coming at a great time, giving me the opportunity to leave on good terms with an open door should I ever choose to go back.

In terms of baby H, we only have 8 weeks to go! The official due date is August 27th, but he's rebelling a little in the sense that he's still breech and getting bigger every day, dwindling his chances of flipping over. We go in for our fourth (!) sonogram at the end of July to see if he's re-positioned himself. If he's still riding upright, we'll go ahead and schedule a c-section. This is a little intimidating, but then again so is birthing a baby in general. It's not something I'd say I'm looking forward to, but seeing that sweet boy's face is gonna make it so worth it.

Beck is becoming a little man and has more personality than a 30-pound person should. He's pushing buttons and testing boundaries everyday, so Tom and I are constantly reminded to be patient. Having said that, he's also more fun and more FUNNY than ever before. Being home with Beck all day every day has presented new challenges along with new opportunities. I'm getting to know my big boy better and better, but am at a loss some days as to what to do with him. Other than that, we're trying to hype him up for the idea of a little brother, but I think talking about it is going to prove very different from the day we bring that sucker home. Any advice? What made bringing home your second (or third or fourth or fifth) easier? What was the toughest part? I'm expecting full-on bedlam, so don't hold back.

I'm going to try keep this up and keep everyone in the loop with our absolutely ENTHRALLING lives. Pictures will need to be updated soon since Beck is about ten times the size he is in the photo on here. Hopefully this isn't the last blog for three years, but who knows. Lydia

4 comments:

bedelia said...

Glad you updated. I haven't had one in a while and miss the journaling and way of recording everything.

After 5 c-sections, I have to say they aren't that bad. The worse part with the first is the unknown but if you have it scheduled ahead you can find out more info. Hopefully, it won't come to that. Didn't Mom Sheen have 2 or 3 breech babies?

I've always let me kids be really "hands on" with helping the new baby so they like them more. I am also more likely to let the newborn cry for a minute to help the toddler. With that said, I never worried much and didn't know what the fuss was about. However, David is a total momma's boy and is jealous if his sister sits with me so I'm really nervous for this one.

Gpa Sheen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gpa Sheen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gpa Sheen said...

I love your enthralling lives!