Thursday, May 8, 2008

Weekday Update


Howdy, ya'll. Lydia here, as always.

As you can probably tell, Tom and I have been busy, busy, busy (as I'm sure everyone else is too!). So, as most of you may know, T got a new job at a company in Decatur called POCO Graphite. As our friend Lucas put so nicely, "Tom, you're actually a subcontractor for NASA." I laughed, then realized it's true. I'll let Tommy fill you in on the details of what his job actually entails as I'm afraid I'll describe it incorrectly.

The pups are doing well, and they're FINALLY recovering from their surgeries. Eck. I hate hate hate that we had to do that to them, but I suppose it's for the best. Our old baby gate broke months ago, and we've finally come around to buying a new one. Why wait so long, you ask? Because finding one that they cannot climb, move, or unlatch themselves has been a challenge. They're like teeny-tiny escape artist monkeys that look like dogs.

One. More. Final. To. Go. Then it's about 2 months of resting my brain until I start making nightly treks to the observatory for astronomy lessons. I'm dreading getting my grades back from this semester, but here's a hearty CONGRATULATIONS to Traci for kicking tush this semester!

Work at the Montessori school is going extremely well, too. In fact, I've been asked to babysit one of the kids in my class at home, which means I must be all right.

This weekends is big for us:
First and foremost, TOMMY'S 22nd BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA is this weekend, which I have seriously fallen behind on because of school. I've even forgotten to invite a lot of people, so lots of calls will be made tonight. Ugh. I'm a bad hostess.

Second, I'll hopefully be getting a moped this weekend!! Woot. While this may seem like a luxury, it's actually going to save me a ton of money. I drive aobut 15 miles to and from work everyday (totally 30) which is taking a hefty toll on my wallet since I only work part-time. I literally work to make my car payments and buy gas. That's it. Gas is about $3.50 here and only going to rise, so investing in a more fuel efficient vehicle isn't a bad idea. Plus, it'll save me about $200 in parking stickers a year for UNT. Woooo hooo.

Hopefully, this has reassured everyone that we're still alive and doing well. Have a wonderful weekend and happy Mother's day!

2 comments:

Verity said...

Fun, fun update--thanks, Lydia! :)

Gpa Sheen said...

Lydia,
Be careful on the moped and don't forget people on motor bikes are invisible to people driving cars!
Luv,
Rich