Friday, December 21, 2007

Deep thoughts, about nothing.



Nah, deep thoughts about nothing doesn't mean that I will be talking about Seinfeld. Although that's a good idea.

Actually, I am doing another one of those, nothing posts, there is no point to this, because my brain is FRIED from working my booty off and learning WAY too much information. It's gotta be unhealthy I tell ya. In any case. It's also hard to hear right now because right now, we are having this potluck at work, and there's this guy who is talking WAY TOO LOUD, they serving alcohol over there? Seriously, he's gone from, "STING LIKE A BEE, FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY", to "I LOVE ME MOMMA, TO HEY, EVERYBODY HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS", then on to, "HEY, PABLO, JUDAPRees! JUDEPREES, WHATUP PABLO, YEEAAH, yee-uh!!!". Finally, he's stopped and walked off. Now maybe I can gather my thoughts together and get something good out.

Holy crap though, I just took a walk around the are visiting all the other pods. Aparently this pot luck goes around the whole area, with about 6 areas participating, food is everywhere. Im talking a good 2-tables full of food at EACH AREA. and different food at that. So im talking start off with a meat, move on to chips and dip, then to salads, then to appetizers, to drinks, then to desert. This place is awesome. But the thing is is that half the people are here. So more food for everyone else. However Im quite proud because I have already gotten, one slice of brisket, one meatball, a couple chips with queso on top, a small salad, a small amount of potato salad and a small drink. So all in all, everything is tasting amazing and Im not evel feeling bloated! AWESOME!!!

What isnt awesome is I just looked at my friend eddie's desk. And it is completely empty. I mean hes supposed to be here next week, and then he will leave for Arkansas. I really will miss him. It sounds weird and you might think that we are just work companions, but we know that we both have become really good friends. And so because of that friendship I will miss him. Even though he is twice my senior. :) He's a great man though. And we had alot of fun here together. Basically, he made work alot easier than it should be.

This weekend is already looking to be the best one this whole year. We got family coming into town, the beginning of a 5 day break for me, the Palio's christmas party, and a whole lot of great movies coming out. This is just going to be way too much fun.:) I just hope everyone is safe where ever they are.

I just went and got another plate from the plate area where the head of all these teams sit, Laurie Mechler, and man, she will never change her look, dating back to the late eighties, here's a shot. And yes, that is a posed portrait of perfectness:


How sweet is that eh? I really don't think that picture does Laurie justice. If that helps at all.


I also wanted to bring up the subject of family blogs. I JUST updated myself on the Kansas Sheen's bizz. I will be honest, I haven't looked at their blog in a while, and man was I thoroughly amused. Brant's pictures truly got some huge laughs out of me. I also updated myself on everybody's blogs. And it was awesome to say the least.

Can you tell? My writing doesn't seem like me today, I'm still pretty drained on learning news of my favorite band, Grandaddy. I can't even tell you what I learned, it's still firing around in there looking to get organized in my brain. But for now, let me just say that the news has obviously left an impression on me.

Shoot Im almost spent. So I'm going to end this post here, hopefully later I will get the writer's bug up my bum and type something actually funny or of good mention, but for now, please enjoy this and the pictures, I still get a good laugh.

1 comment:

Call Me Grizzly said...

Man. Nice homes. I am training this girl here at work, and though i really would rather sit here and pick my nose, i feel obligated to get through the day 'working.' I feel bad, I guess. I've got her working on a project while i comment on your blog.
Woops!